Thursday, November 02, 2006

Sometimes i read blogs and then i want to update my own, but when i think about what i want to update about, there really isn't much interesting stuff going on...

...i'll update anyway haha...

So it was halloween a couple of days ago. When i was in hk i use to go trick or treating and i LOOOOOOOOOVED it. i loved the candies and the thrill of ringing stranger people's door bells and being greeted with treats, it's all warm and fuzzy haha.

Anyway i have two stories


1. When i moved to canada (in gr.9) i went trick or treating but i didn't have anything to wear, so i looked through the unpacked boxes and found a "raggedy ann" wig. so, i was like "hm..okay i'll wear this". I didn't have a country dress or whatjuma call it. So i went to my brother's room, and wore his suit. This was on halloween day, after school, so i was pretty much in a hurry. So i slapped on my brother's over sized suit, put on the red yarn wig, then drew a curly moustache above my lips (i guess, to spice up my outfit?)...then proceeded out my door.
It was SOOOOOOOOOOO funny because almost everybody who opened the door would initially have a big smile on their faces, but once they saw my weird "costume", they would immediately cringe, and then hesitantly hand me a bit less candies than the other kids that were beside me.
Often they'd ask me, "um...so..what are you dressed up as....?"
...i said, "a man... with red hair...ha...ha..haha...ha.haha...ha......"
And then i run away swiftly after i get the candy, in shame. HAHAHA.

2. One year our teachers planned a field trip to the zoo the day after halloween. The night before i got SOOOOOOOOO much candy from trick or treating, and we had this "tradition" of competing who gets more, so i brought ALL My candies to the field trip, in a leather backpack (yeah so smart i know). So anyway, you know it's REALLY hot in hong kong, and I think some people in Hong Kong still didn't really know how to give candies on halloween? so a lot of candy were unwrapped, kind of like, throwing pieces of skittles into your trick or treat bag with no wrapping. haha.
Once we arrived at the zoo, we were asked to leave our bags in one place so we could tour around the zoo without holding anything. I left my bag unattended for probably 3 hours, when i came back, i found all the bags we left RIGHT under the sun in the middle of the field. Moreover, MY bag was swarming with ants and bees and all sorts of bugs. OMG it was so nasty, there was a trail of ants leading to my bag, i was SO embarassed all these people had to help me brush off the bugs while i was screaming my head off. SO embarassing. I was also a fat kid, so it's like a fat kid who loved candy with bugs on her leather bag, that's additionally embarassing.

I don't celebrate halloween anymore.

_________________________________________________________


On a more serious note, i've been struggling with a concept lately, and couldn't talk to anybody about it, but thank you CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCora, you practically saved my life :)

All the theories, critiques and knowledge i learn from school...i find that there is nothing concrete, and its always limited. but God is the absolute, he is infinite, he really is THE ANSWER.

"I AM the way, the truth, and the life.."
John 14:6

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

:) Didn't know they celebrate Hallowween in Hong Kong. Your stories are so funny! So good to meet up with you, we should meet up more~!

Anonymous said...

dang geedee...that was toooooo funny =D

hahahha

a man with red hair...ants in your bag...at least it wasn't ants in your pants, haha....good times =)

Amen to the last part!
there's two things i've learned that are absolute:

1) the speed of light

2) the Truth.

stay blessed =D

Anonymous said...

ahahahahahha!
that's hilarious! 'trail of ants'!
about costume, yeah, I had an embarrasing one myself and I was in grade 10. So, if that makes you feel better, I don't celebrate halloween either. I spend october 31th, locked in my room with lights off, to pretend I am not at home, so little kids with red wigs won't come knocking on my door. ...they come anyways, so I give them leftovers, since I am too cheap for the candy:))))