I am SOO excited!!! :) :) I have a big SMILE on my face! I'm packed! I'm ready!
Last night during prayer meeting, i started thinking about the children and some incidents that happened last year.
I remember during the 2nd week, it was really tough. I had two 13 year olds who thought they were the coolest girls on earth in my group. They didn't listen, they talked back, they tried to skip some activities. One of them, Eddie (refer to previous post), was SO rebellious and homesick, one day during swim time or something, she just ran to her room and started packing her bags and started walking away from camp.
On a wednesday night, with much stress and anxiety, during bedtime devos, Eddie and the other girl Joellyn was passing around notes. Afterwards I took the notes they wrote and read it. It was a discussion about what time to run away from camp that particular night when we were all asleep. "crap." i thought. So we all proceeded to go to bed, lights out. I remember fondly when i lied on my bed, wide awake, praying and feeling shaky. What did i do wrong?
"Love."said the Lord.
I knew I had to continue to love despite the fact that i was at my nerves ends.
The Lord gave me so much patience with the girls.
I started crying, weeping, my tears wet my pillow, I tried so hard to fight the tears, i didn't want to wake up the rest of the girls.
I couldn't sleep, I was really afraid they would slip away if i closed my eyes.
....
Eventually I fell asleep. When i woke up in the morning, i jumped out of bed and rushed to Jo and Eddie's beds. They were sleeping!! :) PTL! haha. I was SO relieved, and I knew that the Lord would change their hearts and all i needed to do was continue to love.
When all the girls woke up to change and wash up, a girl called Pamela came over to me. She gave me a hug, started crying, held me tightly and said this to me in my ears, "Gendi, don't cry. When you cry, i want to cry too, when you're sad, i am sad."
I broke down. I felt guilty. For half of the camp, I've been so focussed on Jo and Eddie I neglected the other girls. Yet, this was how the Lord comforted me, that the love i had for the children did have a purpose. Pamela was like the answer to my prayers.
For the rest of the week, Jo and Eddie started changing. Our whole cabin grew really close, during nap time in the afternoon, instead of napping, we talked about school, we braided each other's hair, we sang Usher together, the girl teased me sometimes because of my lameness, haha.
The Lord taught me to love!
When i opened my eyes after prayer in prayer meeting, I had a big smile on my face. I am ready.
As Tim and Jon Wong said last night in their prayers, "Lord, we know you will do big things, we know it, so we thank you"
Thank you in advance.
Pray for us guys! I will miss y'all!
This is Eddie..haha and YES i agree with her msg, jk jk. I didn't MAKE her write it! She wrote it with PENCIL and i FREAKED out after because i was scared she'd get lead poisoning HAHA

Pam is the one with the red shirt, having so much fun jumping into the water. hehe

This is last day of camp, Eddie and Joellyn, look how tame they are, haha :)

These are some of the kids


1 comment:
godspeed my friend :)
Post a Comment