Sunday, February 06, 2005

It’s weird how people can sing about their own province/towns/cities. Take“California” by phantom planet for example, did they intend to make it the OC’s theme song? Or they just decided to sing about the place? I never heard of a song called “Ontario” which was popular or something (i would laugh at it actually).

Also, I find it weird to name TV shows a city’s name, like “Las Vegas” or like “THE OC” (sorry I’m not picking on the show I just find it funny). I mean, I really can’t imagine a TV show in Canada called “THE Toronto” or “Yellow Knife” or something. It’s just kind of weird.

4 comments:

timmy said...

hahahaha
you could do that for just about every show that's on tv and apply it to our own life!

instead of ...
jack and jill - tim and gendi
L.A. confidential - T.O. confidential
Friends - Friends in toronto
MEan Girls - Mean Markham Girls
Amazing race - Amazing race through markham
full house - full markham house.

ETC. ETC.
:)

rrrachel said...

hahaha... now thas just adding "markham" to everything ;p

Anonymous said...

who the heck would wanna sing a song named "ontario"..? i'd be the first person to throw tomatoes at whoever that writes a song about our province or sth. no one is interested in canada anyway. so that's why no one wants to sing about it. =)

and no tim... adding "markham" in all those titles doesn't have much effect. =P

faithtivity said...

you know the song in the commercials... "ontario, the place to go, the place you know you love"
..is it go or grow? i dunno... :p